- When is the best time to plan my move?
- The amount of notice required depends on the nature of your move. We recommend that you book your international move a month prior to departure. You should allow one to two weeks notice for a local Move. These suggested lead times will allow us to secure and confirm your booking for your preferred dates and give you sufficient time to prepare for your move. However, it is really important to allow a greater lead time if you plan on moving during the peak summer period.
- How do I obtain a removal quotation?
- You can contact us to speak to a relocation consultant who will be able to answer any initial questions that you may have and who will arrange a convenient day & time to visit your home. They will assess the volume of items that need moving and be able to provide you with a free quotation. Alternatively, please complete the online quotation request form and we will contact you within 24 working hours to discuss your requirements.
- What is included in the quotation?
- Your quote will be built around your particular requirements. The cost is inclusive of:
- All packaging materials
- Full packing service
- Full removal service – we dismantle items such as beds, wardrobes etc.
- Unpacking services
- Safe moving
- Waste disposal
- Dismantling and reassembly of basic furniture,etc
- How long will it take for my items to arrive at destination?
- This depends both on the destination and method of shipping.
However, within Asia, door to door sea shipments typically take 2-3 weeks and 4-6 weeks for the rest of the world.
For air shipments, the door to door transit time is usually 7-14 days depending on the destination (allowing for packing, transit, customs and final delivery).
For a more exact transit time estimate between your home and destination cities, contact us.
- Are there any things I should not ship or cannot take with me to my new home?
- This differs from country to country but as a general rule the prohibited items will be: weapons, fireworks, explosives, drugs, pornography, subversive gases. There will also be certain items that are sometimes subject to duty at customs (e.g. alcohol).
Your relocation consultant will be happy to provide you with more details.
- Does SwiftRelo arrange full unpacking services in my new home?
- Yes. We always provide a full unpacking service unless requested otherwise. We have appointed partners throughout the world that have been carefully selected to ensure that you are provided with the highest quality of service.
- Can SwiftRelo help me to ship my vehicle?
- Yes. Vehicle regulations vary from country to country but they are usually highly detailed in terms of paperwork, regulations and procedures. As such, we suggest that you look into this well in advance of your expected departure date. The exact requirements differ from country to country. One of our relocation consultants would be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- Can I bring my pet with me?
- Yes. Regulations vary from country to country and sometimes involve periods of quarantine. As such, we recommend that you contact us well in advance of your move for advice.
- How do I pay for my removal?
- Unless you have a corporate account with SwiftRelo, we accept payment by cheque, wire transfer or cash.
- Do you provide storage facilities?
- We offer full climate controlled and air conditioned warehouse storage facilities. Whether you are looking for short term or long term storage solutions, irrespective of the size of your storage requirements, we can help even if you want to store just one box.
When moving your household contents into storage, the removal team will create an inventory of the contents of each box so you can easily locate your items at a later date.